- PENTECOX, a hamlet, in the parish of Newton, county of Edinburgh, 1½ mile (W. N. W.) from the village of Newton; containing 41 inhabitants. This is a small place in the western extremity of the parish, situated on the great road from Edinburgh to Dalkeith.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Craigour — is a district of southeast Edinburgh, Scotland, next to the A7 (Old Dalkeith Road). It is surrounded on the east by the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary just across the A7; on the north by Liberton Golf Club; and on the west and south by the districts… … Wikipedia
Newton — 1) NEWTON, a village, in the parish of Great Cumbray, Isle and county of Bute; containing 444 inhabitants. It is seated at the head of a capacious and finelysheltered harbour, called Kames bay, where vessels of considerable burthen may have… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland